Love Motueka is proudly brought to you by Our Town Motueka
To create a partnership between business and community aiming to improve the physical, economic and social environment of Motueka.
This is achieved by building relationships that benefit Motueka, delivering and supporting events which stimulate economic activity, fostering business development and community cohesion and supporting town enhancement and heritage improvements.
Our Town Motueka membership is defined by two zones, which surround and include the High Street Retail shops and the greater Motueka Central Business District. Business owners and ratepayers within the area are automatically members as they pay a rate levy which is collected by the Tasman District Council on behalf of Our Town Motueka.
Please check the map bellow to find if your your business is located inside the green zone which entitles you to a free listing.
About the organisation:
- Represents 450 business owners and ratepayers in the main business area of Motueka
- Is run by a voluntary committee made up of Motueka business owners, Community Board and Council representatives
- Employs a part-time Coordinator 25 hours per week
- Is one of many similar organisations throughout New Zealand which emerged out of the Mainstreet initiative (1983) whose role it is to enliven and enhance the town
- The organisation is funded by a targeted rate which is collected on Our Town Motueka’s behalf by the Tasman District Council
- Funds are also sourced through local sponsorship and funding agencies
- Works in conjunction with a number of organisations and community groups: – Vision Motueka, MotuekaISite, Community Board, Nelson Tasman Chamber of Commerce, Tasman Promotions, Motueka Recreation Centre, Keep Motueka Beautiful, Te Awhina Marae, Motueka Historical Society, and Motueka Arts Council.
Our Town Motueka:
- Offers networking opportunities to members and promotes training seminars and courses to assist business development
- Promotes excellence, expertise and awareness in business by advocating participation in regional Business and, Environmental and Top shop Awards
- Organises advertising and marketing campaigns
- Communicates to and informs members and supporting agencies through its regular Streetlines newsletter and updates.